“Jeremy has been a guide and a very valuable collaborator with me—a nonnative English speaker writing my first monograph in English. Jeremy has become a colleague I trust. He made my manuscript an intellectually stronger and more well-written work. Without his help and guidance, my work wouldn’t be where it is right now.”
Preparing writing for publication can be difficult. Let me make it easier.
Are you polishing a manuscript for publication? Putting the finishing touches on your dissertation? Looking for someone to walk alongside you as you restructure your book?
I work with manuscripts at all stages of development, helping you put your best foot forward. Over the past twenty-five years, I have edited more than two hundred book-length manuscripts. I have worked most often with individual scholars and university presses publishing nonfiction in the humanities and social sciences. I have also worked on educational curricula, how-to manuals, technical archaeological monographs, and a debut mystery novel. For more than a decade I have also taught a first-year college writing course. That hands-on experience is supplemented by graduate education from Vanderbilt University and Harvard University.
I’ll fix typographical errors and issues with grammar, and I’ll suggest ways to clarify your argument. As Dr. Fernandez explains, “When my sentences were confusing, Jeremy offered me possibilities on how to re-write them, and this has been key factor that has really helped me through this whole process.”
Choose the package that works for you . . .
Basic copyediting cleans up the text and corrects sentence-level errors related to grammar, punctuation, and spelling. References will also be formatted as needed. I’ll include a style sheet describing style decisions and query awkward phrasing or other issues in the text. I’ll do the following:
- Check and correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Correct the formatting of all references
- Provide a style sheet describing style decisions and preferred spellings
- Query awkward phrasing or other issues with wording
- Offer one round of revisions
Premium copyediting includes all the elements of basic copyediting, but it goes several steps further, adding suggested rewrites, an analysis of your argument, and more. As part of the premium package, I’ll do the following:
- Complete all elements of the basic copyediting package
- Offer suggested rewrites for awkward phrasing or other issues with wording
- Check personal and organizational names for correct spelling and styling
- Review the structure of your argument and offer suggestions for improvement, if needed
- Offer two rounds of revisions
“The Works” includes all the elements of premium copyediting but adds personal coaching and up to five revisions of the edited text. This package is great if you’d like some additional support in managing the writing project and staying on track. If you select this package, I’ll do the following:
- Complete all elements of the premium copyediting package
- Support your writing process through monthly coaching calls and weekly email reminders to keep the writing on track and address any of your concerns (for up to six months)
- Offer up to five rounds of revisions
Note that pricing may vary for projects of fewer than 10,000 words. In addition, I’m happy to create a custom package to meet your specific editing needs.
Let's have a conversation about your work.
I’d like to help you accomplish your goals!